Bowring Ladies Golf Club

Playing on the oldest municipal golf course in England

History of Bowring Park

Bowring Park Golf Club, the first municipal golf course in England, is within the grounds of Bowring Park, which is a leisure and recreational park built on land donated to the people of Liverpool by the Bowring family in 1907. The original 9 hole course of 1913 has since been lengthened to 18 holes.

The Friends of Bowring Park have put together an excellent detailed historical map which highlights all the areas of interest.